Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Delicious/ My Library things

Delicious? mmm O.k seems like a good way to keep all your favorite sites nicely together. I can see how this site could be used in a library. All those web pages that are just floating around the online catalogue system with no real reason to them could be added and tagged and placed in a delicious site . Here is my site. As you will see if you decide to have a look I have only spent minimal time here, as usual I could waste a lost of time tagging and surfing to add things but have decided not too.


http://www.delicious.com/alispar70  


My Library things is another site that I could have spent a lot of time at. Imagine sending a bunch of Library worker to a site like this!! Anyway, I managed to get my widget to work after much huffing and puffing and have added a small selection of titles that I have really enjoyed.  I feel that this would be a rather useful tool for libraries.  The library bookclub could have a link to there site from the library home page for other readers to get ideas, or the staff could have a library site to review books and give ideas to readers. There really is a lot of potential here. This is the link to my page.


http://www.librarything.com/home/gumtreelibrary



1 comment:

  1. Love your Delicious & LibraryThing -- that was the lesson I enjoyed most in the Web2.0 course!
    Keep up with your good work. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and may the New Year be another bright and fruitful year for you. I may be off the blogging as I managed to finish the 10 lessons...now just have the time to view at leisure some of the blogs including yours.

    ReplyDelete