Thursday, December 30, 2010

Geocaching and wrap up

I had never heard of Geocaching, but this looks like a lot of fun! A new version of orienteering. I had a look at the Geocaching site and was surprised to see the amount of caches that have been hidden in my local area. Most of them had been found within the past month, so it is a well used social network. It could be used by anyone and great for families looking for some fun that doesn't cost anything, very rare now days.

I did wonder how a library could use this site, but after having a look at some of the examples I can see that with a bit of creative thinking this could be used to enhance such things as Children's book week activities or for children's holiday programs.

To wrap this up, I have enjoyed doing the course and have learnt a lot of new skills. Some of the programs I will probably never use again but at least I know what they are all about now and can keep up with the kids to a certain extent. I did feel that some of the lessons  took longer than others and the time allocated wasn't enough. It was fun!!

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you, the course was fun and I did learn new things:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Web 2.0 has definitely grown on me the further into the course I went. I have enjoyed it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing and on being able to deal with all this technology. Glad you have a RSS feed of jamie Oliver. Now that does sound really useful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess what! still have not finished! This is tragic...But, good on you for finishing. I agree that it is taking far too long to do this course. As for trying to squeeze it into worktime...hopeless. I think I have failed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by the American doctors but the best way to deal with Herpes is by taking natural herbs medicine for permanent treatment.I'm here to appreciate Dr James for using his herbal medicine to cure my herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus inside of me and it have really really been a serious problem to me, I was so confused cause I have been taking several drugs to be cure but all of my effort  was in vain, one morning was Surfing through the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr James curing people from herpes virus / HIV AIDS and Immediately I contacted Dr James on his email:  drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com. I told him about my troubles and he told me that I must be cured. He gave me instructions and which I rightly followed, so he prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me through DHL courier service, which I used (MORNING AND EVENING) for three weeks and I was cured. everything was like a dream to me and my herpes was permanently gone. Dr James thank you, I don't know if there is anyone out there suffering from herpes virus or any KIND OF diseases LIKE... DIABETES, CANCER,RECTUM EFFECTS, BOWEL OBSTRUCTION, HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HEPATITIS A&B, CARDIAC DISEASES, CHRONIC DISEASES,  YELLOW FEVER, EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASES, ACME, BACK PAIN,   DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, APOLLO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, VAGINAL  DISCHARGING, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS itchy' contact.Doctor James and be free from your diseases because I am a living testimony, Dr James, is very good and honest herbalist doctor, he is also known as the Great herbal cure master for herbal root. Contact him now via his email:   (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com)   (whatsapp or call him on  +2348152855846)

    ReplyDelete